Last Updated on by Adrienne
I STARTED USING THESE TIPS WHEN MAKING MY COFFEE AND IT IS 10X BETTER!!!
Gourmet coffee is back and it is BIG! With the explosion of ahem, “SixBucks”, gourmet coffee shops are popping up everywhere. If getting to a cozy coffee shop as much as you would like isn’t easy, did you know that you can basically make a nice cup of coffee on your own from home?
THESE 7 SIMPLE STEPS TO MAKING GOURMET COFFEE AT HOME
These are the secrets:
1. Start with quality. One of the most critical aspects of coffee drinking is the grade of the coffee that you start with.
If you have a favorite flavor, then purchase whole beans in that flavor. Grinding beans right before brewing produces the most robust flavor!
2. Grind away. Purchase a quality coffee grinder. Some of the best grinders available today are easy to use and easy to clean up.
By grinding your own coffee beans, you’ll be able to only grind what you need, meaning that you will have the freshest cup ‘o joe.
3. Store It Right And Tight. It is imperative to store your coffee tightly.
Air oxidizes the coffee and can make it to get bitter quickly. Metal canisters can also enable a metal taste to get into the coffee.
The best solution to preserve freshness is a plastic or ceramic air tight container for your coffee and coffee beans.
Also, store it at room temperature because the moisture in the fridge or freezer can make it go bad faster.
GETTING TO THE PERFECT CUP
4. The Maker. Aficionados swear this is critical – but it’s not a deal breaker.
No matter what style coffee maker that you go with, you can get a good cup of coffee out of it if you know what you are doing.
For example, you should ensure that the coffee maker is kept clean after each use. To do this, you will need to make sure that you detail clean it, using the vinegar and water cleansing routine occasionally as well.
This is crazy:
5. Oh No, The H20? Even the water that you use is important to the quality of the end product. It is essential that you use water that is free from chlorine and minerals.
Bottled water or filtered water will let your favorite flavors shine if you don’t have the greatest local tap water. Also, keep it nice and hot. A good temperature for the water is about 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. The Right Stuff. Obviously should use the proper ratio of ground coffee to water.
Follow the directions provided by the coffee producer for the best cup of coffee.
But here’s the kicker:
7. Lastly and probably the most vital aspect of getting a great cup of gourmet coffee is to make sure to enjoy your coffee when it is hot and fresh.
Most restaurants are told to keep coffee for less than thirty minutes, but at home, the best coffee is the coffee that is less twenty minutes old.
Now sit back and savor your creation. Maybe nibble on a piece of this spicy and sweet Cinnamon Crumble Cake and you have quite an amazing start to your day!