Last Updated on by Adrienne
PUMPKIN MOUSSE RECIPE
It’s the season – pumpkin latte, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin decorating carving, pumpkin soup – shall I go on?
Canned pumpkin is the ingredient of the season, and it IS delicious and does smell great – but you can only eat so m -any pies…
Pumpkin is good for you – it has lots of fiber, lots of vitamins and minerals, and lots of water. It’s funny, with all the emphasis in healthcare on whole foods, organic foods, farm to table, etc.. most of the pumpkin we eat in America is canned pumpkin.
Creamy Pumpkin Mousse with Maple Whipped Cream
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 6 T. real maple syrup divided
- 1 15- oz. can pumpkin purée not pumpkin pie filling
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened, cubed
- 2 T. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. half & half
- Pecan halves
- Ground cinnamon for dusting
- Ginger Snap cookies for serving
- Beat the heavy whipping cream in a large bowl with a hand mixer until it doubles in size. Add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and continue beating until light and fluffy. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Beat the pumpkin purée, cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, half &half, and remaining maple syrup in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer until thoroughly blended.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired, and transfer to individual dessert bowls. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, remove from refrigerator and top with maple whipped cream, pecans, and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon, if desired.
Pumpkin Mousse Recipe from Weight Watchers
Apparently one of the most popular desserts from the Weight Watchers plan is Pumpkin Mousse. It only has 1 point and 55 calories, so it is a perfect candidate for a dieting dessert.
Weight Watchers Pumpkin Mousse
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 2 3 1/2 ounce boxes fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 ⁄ cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups fat-free whipped topping
- Combine pumpkin, spice, and milk in a mixing bowl.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add pudding mix and beat for 1-2 minutes.
- Fold in whipped topping